Monday, September 14, 2009

Mimi and the Aunts get Press



This is my layout for Practical Scrapper's challenge to use letter stickers creatively. It was definitley a challenge! :)

One day Sophie started calling my mom 'Mimi.' This caught on quickly (though my dad couldn't remember what the name was.. "Fufu?") and, anyway, Mom's sisters loved it too. My mom and her sisters enjoy getting together as regularly as they can - there are 5 of them plus some outlaws and cousins depending on who is in town. Add these facts to their love of music, and we stumbled upon 'Mimi and the Aunts.'

Children, brothers, the old and the young, lovingly refer to my mom and her sisters as Mimi and the Aunts. And since they are all 'Mimi's,' they happily respond.

This picture was taken at the annual Memorial Day gathering of McCabes about a week after Clare was born. The Aunts were more than happy to pose for a picture with the newest member of the family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look. I'd love to hear what you think!